With winter still going strong (we got about 6 inches where I live this past week) I decided to make this DIY body butter. This winter especially, I’ve suffered with really dry and irritated skin. Maybe it’s the hospital air or maybe it’s just my body rebelling against the weather. Whatever the reason is, I knew I needed to try something more than the average body lotion.
What You Need:
– 1/4 cup NOW Foods Cocoa Butter
-1/4 cup NOW Foods Sweet Almond Oil
-15 drops NOW Foods Cheer Up Buttercup Oil Blend
-Double Boiler Pot
-Large Mixing Bowl
*This recipe makes about 8 oz. of Body Butter*
What To Do:
- Cut about a 2 inch slice of shea butter off of the block and place it in the top of a double boiler pot.
- Melt cocoa butter in a bowl of boiling water (the directions on the jar say not to microwave the jar). Once melted, add it to the shea butter in the double boiler.
- Heat the shea butter and cocoa butter on low until both butters are melted.
- Add 1/4 cup of sweet almond oil to the butters and mix.
- Place the mixture in the fridge and allow it to solidify for about 30 minutes (the mixture will be opaque).
- Scoop the mixture into a large mixing bowl and add about 15 drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Use the hand mixer to whip the butters and oils on low.
- Scoop your body butter into a jar.
This recipe is super easy! The body butter feels so luxurious and moisturizing on the skin.
All ingredients can be purchased from Amazon. If you’re not already a member of Amazon Prime you should consider it. Amazon Prime = free 2 day shipping (can’t beat that!). Sign up through me and start your 30-day FREE trial!
Please try this out and tell me about your experience!